To promote, protect and improve the safety and health of working people by conducting actionable research that is valued by employers, workers and policy-makers.
- Be a leading international institution in research and knowledge transfer and exchange
- Be a leading Canadian institution in building research capacity in work and health
- Be a leading employer in promoting and protecting the health and safety of our employees
- Ensure research integrity by conducting independent and ethical research
- Ensure institutional integrity by involving partners in research and dissemination
- Demonstrate good stewardship of our resources
- Conduct research and knowledge transfer and exchange relevant to our partners and funders
- Respect and accommodate different perspectives
- Respect our staff in their work
- Respect the dignity of workers everywhere
We will listen to the needs of workers and workplaces, clinicians, health & safety professionals, policy-makers and other partner agencies.
We will align our research to ensure relevance to the needs of our partners, including the mandate of the Ontario Ministry of Labour (MOL).
We will collaborate with other researchers and research users.
We will pursue our research mandate to the highest standards of scientific excellence and integrity.
We will be impartial in our relationships with policy-makers, workplace parties, clinicians, health & safety professionals and other interests.
We will be innovative in the pursuit of research, knowledge transfer and exchange, and organizational excellence.