The Institute for Work & Health and McMaster University are launching a six-year initiative called Inclusive Design for Employment Access (IDEA). IDEA aims to increase the employment of persons with disabilities in Canada by increasing the confidence and capacity of employers and workplaces to recruit, hire, accommodate, train and promote persons with disabilities.
Program highlights include:
- Leaders and champions in government, business, labour, and the disability community will deliver keynotes.
- Speakers will highlight the importance and innovation of our partnered, knowledge-to-practice approach.
- Multimedia presentations will profile activities that are planned and underway within the SIL.
- Our new website will be showcased as a portal for evidence-informed resources and tools that support building employer capacity for inclusive and accessible workplaces.
- Workshop sessions will provide an opportunity for participants to share innovations and discuss priority areas to be addressed within the IDEA SIL.
- A call to action will go out for broad engagement with IDEA to support a vision of Canadian workplaces that are fully inclusive of persons with disabilities.