The Health & Safety Smart Planner is a software tool designed to calculate the costs and benefits of workplace health and safety initiatives, as well as the costs of health and safety incidents.
The Smart Planner has three sections.
- Incident Cost Calculator records the costs (both financial and staff time) of health and safety incidents and stores them in a database.
- Do Your Own Analysis calculates the benefits and costs of new safety initiatives being considered or implemented in the workplace.
- About H&S Smart Planning provides detailed help explaining how to use the software, with examples of how it could be used.
The H&S Smart Planner offers the following features:
- A step-by-step approach
- Pre-planning information to help you get organized before you begin
- Pop-up buttons that explain each field as you enter your data
- A database to store and update your company’s information
- A summary sheet for planning and decision-making
- The ability to save information on your desktop, and customize the file with your company name.
Who should use the software
The tool is designed for workplace occupational health and safety (OHS) professionals, OHS consultants and anyone else involved in planning or undertaking a workplace-based health and safety initiative. You do not need economics training to use this tool, because it has been designed with economic principles built into it.
The H&S Smart Planner was developed with Ontario workplaces in mind. However, workplaces in other jurisdictions may find it useful, too. The Ontario H&S Smart Planner has a workers' compensation insurance step for workplaces in the New Experimental Experience Rating (NEER) or Merit-Adjusted Premium (MAP) programs run by the province's Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB). Workplaces outside of those programs can use the software by skipping that step.
Windows. Not supported for Macintosh
Full size: 3.8 MB
1.21 (24 January 2011)
1.2 (12 November 2010)
1.1 (22 July 2010)