Research Associate – 1-year contract
The successful candidate will help coordinate a large partnership research grant examining chronic illness needs in the workplace. The candidate will work closely with the Principal Investigator, project coordinator and other research team members. Candidates should have an interest in applied research in the field of work and health.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Participate in the development of research protocols
- Program surveys
- Coordinate and conduct interviews and focus groups as needed
- Help organize workshops
- Collect and review documents
- Review interview transcripts against original audio recordings for accuracy
- Analyze qualitative data in collaboration with team members (i.e. coding documents, extracting themes)
- Prepare data summaries for meetings and the final report
- Support the coordination of the project by documenting project activities, tracking activities against plan, planning meetings, producing meeting notes, and communicating with the research team, external partners and participants
- Adhere to the research ethics procedures, for example, those concerning privacy of information
Education and experience
- a Master’s degree or equivalent in health sciences or behavioural/social sciences
- 2-3 years of project co-ordination experience, preferably in a research environment
- Experience conducting interviews and focus groups
- Experience analyzing qualitative data Experience working in a Windows MS Office environment, especially Word and Excel
- Ability to manage competing demands of the project, independently coordinating and prioritizing tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent copy-editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Experience and comfort with team-based project work
- Experience and comfort as a database user
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
Salary range: Salary will depend on qualifications and experience: typically, a Research Associate with masters-level training will be compensated with a salary range of $57,000 - $64,000 range plus benefits. Suitability for the position will be assessed at 3 months.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application no later than Friday, August 31, 2018 by mail or e-mail to:
Director Human Resources & Corporate Services
481 University Avenue, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario M5G 2E9
The Institute is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for the position will be contacted.
This position is made possible with financial support from the CIHR and SSHRC.
About the Institute
The Institute, guided by a Board of Directors and an international Scientific Advisory Committee, conducts research in two areas: the primary prevention of work-related injury and illness and the prevention and management of work disability. The Institute also has an active knowledge transfer and exchange (KTE) program, which implements interactive strategies to transfer research findings to key decision-makers. The Institute for Work & Health operates with the support of the Ministry of Labour.
The Institute is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for the position will be contacted. For more information about our organization, visit our web site at www.iwh.on.ca
This opportunity is now closed.